The Nature Conservancy Event Planning Assistant in Wilmington, North Carolina
Wilmington, North Carolina (NC) NC303
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 35 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Logistical Assistant provides marketing and organizational support to the annual Fire in the Pines Festival in Wilmington NC.
The Logistical Assistant will help grow the annual Fire in the Pines Festival by recruiting additional exhibitors and assisting with marketing through social media and the festival website. S/he will help coordinate with partner agencies in the organization of the festival. S/he will also assist with the recruitment and organization of volunteers and may be responsible for maintenance of office and program vehicles and equipment. The Assistant has frequent interaction with staff throughout the program and with partner agencies. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, have excellent communication skills, and be able to develop relationships with exhibitors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Does not supervise any staff.
- Duties are performed according to instructions or established practices.
- May help plan the work of volunteers or interns.
- May purchase equipment and supplies as provided for in budget and in consultation with supervisor.
- May serve as a team member for assigned work teams.
- Supervisor will resolve any problems or questions.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- This position is 7 hours a week from late March until mid-October. The pay is $12.00 an hour.
- Experiencing working independently.
- Experience with organization.
- Experience in written and verbal communications.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media marketing.
- Experience in event planning.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45184, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 8, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Event Planning Assistant
Location: North Carolina
Job ID: 45184
Full/Part Time: Part-Time