The Nature Conservancy Executive Assistant in Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Executive Assistant provides direct administrative support to the Regional Vice President of the Latin America Region.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative support tasks, which include domestic and international travel arrangements, calendar management, answering phones, drafting correspondence, processing expenses, and scheduling and coordinate logistics of meetings and special events. S/he uses available systems and resources to maintain, track and research data, and produce and review reports for supervisor. S/he provides guidance in satisfying administrative requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. S/he will provide targeted training related to needs of Director. S/he will implement processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Assistant will coordinate activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing the timeline. S/he will communicate on behalf of supervisor with staff in various programs across the Conservancy; as well as with donors, vendors, and business relations. S/he will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow. S/he will perform administrative functions for program as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation.
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when instructed.
- May supervise administrative and/or volunteer staff, responsibility includes training and professional development.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination;
- Experience generating reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
- Experience managing the schedule and contacts of a senior leader;
- Experience with database management; and
- Experience working across departments.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power point
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Portuguese language skills a plus
- Ability to implement complex processes;
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff;
- Experience coordinating projects;
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
- Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers;
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks; and/or
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Experience working with board of directors, donors, volunteers, the public, and/or all levels of staff.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45453, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 30, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job ID: 45453
Full/Part Time: Full-Time