The Nature Conservancy Finance/Accounting Specialist in Nevada
Reno, Nevada (NV)
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Financial Specialist II provides specialized finance/accounting-related services to a department or business unit.
The Finance/Accounting Specialist II provides specialized services in financial management and reporting; accounting; financial management and reporting; or similar financial activities for a department or business unit. They have a high level of expertise accounting and financial management. The position administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. The Finance/Accounting Specialist II assists staff in the finance/accounting area. They respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area. Manages implementation and on-going maintenance of Finance system for the business unit, including maintaining structure and design, coordinating with public grants, and providing detailed reporting to staff
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Coordinates structure and design of finance system to facilitate improved reporting and meet data needs
- Serves as private awards lead for business unit and works closely with public grands and relevant financial matters
Develops, maintains, and implements accounting processes, systems and procedures
Conducts high level and detailed financial analyses
Coordinates annual budget development and on-going monitoring, working closely with the Director of Operations
Analyzes and interprets financial data, which may include reporting financial results, contracts, and foundation/grant agreements
Coordinates closely with Philanthropy on relevant financial coding, tracking and proposal development
Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administratin or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and financial manaagement gools.
- Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- works under tight deadlines and time constraints
- Provides strong customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and with a diverse range of individuals nd partners
- Models and supports a culture of strong teamwork, communication, collaboration and accountability
- Non-profit accounting experience
- May require technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues
- US government grants accounting experience may be preferred or required
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45380, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 26 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Finance/Accounting Specialist
Job ID: 45380
Full/Part Time: Part-Time