The Nature Conservancy Communications Mgr II in District Of Columbia
Arlington, Virginia, USA
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Nature Conservancy seeks a Communications Manager, Office of the President, to draft and edit a variety of communications materials and to lead the President and CEO's social media strategy. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer with a passion for creating engaging content and managing and growing the President and CEO's presence across social media channels.
The Communications Manager, Office of the President, is responsible for external and internal communications on behalf of the President and CEO. S/he writes and edits a variety of materials that raise awareness of Conservancy priorities among key audiences and further fundraising and marketing goals, including correspondence, blogs, op-eds, speeches, talking points, and Q&As.;
S/he also leads the President and CEO's social media strategy, providing expert advice/direction and developing and implementing tactics to raise his social media profile. This includes staying current on social media trends and tools, creating and posting engaging content, and devising strategies to increase engagement across all social media platforms. S/he works closely with other departments to leverage the CEO's voice across social media channels in support of the Conservancy's mission.
The Communications Manager reports to the Associate Director of Communications, Office of the President, and works collaboratively with marketing, development, conservation, and government relations staff to develop and implement communication strategies that advance the organization's global conservation agenda. S/he provides editorial advice and expertise to other departments on the President and CEO's writing voice and style.
The position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to write and edit quickly in the President and CEO's voice and style, synthesize complex information into clear and concise written products, and meet short deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manage and serve as team lead on assigned communication and/or media initiatives.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience crafting organization- or company-wide communication tools, including blogs, speeches, social media content, magazine articles, annual report content, donor profiles, acknowledgement letters, campaign brochures, funding proposals, fact sheets, presentations, or equivalent.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading messages for targeted audiences.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Experience in journalism or marketing writing and editing, including writing and editing for digital platforms.
- Strong experience with social media, including analytics software.
- Experience contributing to strategic social media engagement and promotion efforts with the goal of reaching targeted audience segments, attracting new followers, and increasing engagement.
- Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in in marketing and social media communications
To apply to position number 45277, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 7, 2017
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.*LI-
Job Title: Communications Mgr II
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45277
Full/Part Time: Full-Time