The Nature Conservancy Visual Content Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Arlington, Virginia, USA AA100
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Content Specialist works across the team to create consistent and engaging digital-first visual content across the Conservancy’s flagship web and social media properties to drive campaign messages and target audience engagement (including business, policy and opinion leaders). S/he will creatively tell visual stories that support the Conservancy’s global conservation goals as well as reputation and narrative on the most pressing issues facing people and the planet. S/he will report to the Communications Manager, operate out of the Conservancy’s Worldwide Office in Arlington, Virginia, and work across the GC team and Conservancy’s Marketing Division on collaborative projects.
The Content Specialist will design and produce a broad range of engaging and shareable digital-first content, including (but not limited to): infographics, illustrations, interactives, gifs and animations, visual presentations, and social media advertisements, as well as print products as needed, such as booklets, brochures, fact sheets and signage/conference displays.
S/he will demonstrate and maintain a strong working knowledge of web and social media content marketing principles, best practices and emerging trends. S/he will collaborate with team members on creative direction and two-way feedback, and design and develop visual content from concept to finished product that maintains brand identity and in-house standards across all communication platforms.
S/he will ensure deadlines are met by working effectively and collaboratively under pressure in a deadline driven environment. S/he will coordinate with the GC team’s Director of Content & Promotions and other content staff, strategic communications directors and digital and creative marketing staff across the Conservancy’s Marketing Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Manager, GC content team and other GC and Marketing staff on design and promotion strategies and products
- Offer input to creative meetings, share ideas and propose new technology opportunities and capabilities to improve content efficacy and user experience
- Ensure all design requests are well developed and outlined via a creative brief and production schedule, completed by deadline and properly aligned with Conservancy branding and marketing standards
- Concept and develop imagery, graphics, animations and other types of visual content to share in digital and print media
- Work from established design templates when warranted for organizational campaigns
- Coordinate select relationships and projects with vendors; including specifications, budgets, processes and timelines
- Demonstrate web and social media savviness, and ability to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of visual content marketing principles, best practices and emerging trends
- Keep projects organized, including accurately managing revisions and version control using team collaboration media
- Follow direction, welcome input and operate with a positive attitude and minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital/Multimedia Design, Marketing or related discipline and 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience engaging and sharing web and social media visual content, as well as integrated design solutions across online and print platforms
- Experience optimizing content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Experience working with teams to plan and develop visual content, and strong comfort with absorbing and applying constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Experience in illustration, animation and creation of gifs
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects) and Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with creative and print vendors
- Project and time management experience and the experience balancing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining design excellence in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Certificate of specialization in design area
- Proficiency in the use of social media channels to optimize content promotion
- Experience with developing digital interactive content
- Basic web publishing knowledge (e.g. Wordpress, Drupal)
- Proficiency in video editing and animation
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experience working for a global non-profit organization
- Experience working with a remote supervisor and/or clients
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45466, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on June 11, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Visual Content Specialist
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45446
Full/Part Time: Full-Time