The Nature Conservancy Staff Internal Auditor in Arlington, Virginia
Arlington, Virginia, USA AA100
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
Entry level position that will provide support and perform auditing and consulting activities designed to provide guidance and evaluate the effectiveness of management controls, compliance with policies and procedures and applicable government regulations and laws. This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit.
Performs testing of controls, assist in the design of audit programs, assess risk and control levels, document business processes, and prepare finding summaries and recommendations for improvement for presentation to Management. Ensures TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met. Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Resolves complex issues with a moderate to minimal amount of guidance.
- Works with and communicates effectively with a wide range of people, including employees, the public, vendors, and others.
- Provides a variety of information to staff and others to assist workflow throughout the organization.
- Communicates professionally with a variety of people of different cultures.
- May provide oral presentations to management during and at the conclusion of audits and consulting engagements discussing strengths and deficiencies of the area under review.
- Prepares formal written audit reports, which express opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the area audited and recommend corrective actions to improve controls, operations and reduce costs.
- Travel occasionally; work flexible hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (e.g. Accounting, Finance, MIS, Management) with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and/or PowerPoint).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Some related work experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in a team environment and independently.
- Well organized and strong analytical skills.
- Either in possession of or desire to obtain a professional certification(s) (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with database management skills with ability to produce reports and to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and or Mandarin.
Salary Range: $52,000 - $55,000
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to Job ID 45439, submit resume and cover letter (required) separately using the upload buttons.You must indicate your GPA in your resume.All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, June 9, 2017
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-NC1
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Staff Internal Auditor
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45439
Full/Part Time: Full-Time