The Nature Conservancy Membership Systems Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Arlington, Virginia, USA AA100
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Membership Systems Specialist is responsible for operational and business process support, and data integrity required to enable effective Membership operations and fundraising programs. This position will support the identification of operational bottlenecks, redundancies, vulnerabilities and opportunities for enhanced efficiency or effectiveness, provide recommendations for process and procedure improvement, and act as a resource to the membership team on these topics.
The Membership Systems Specialist will provide day-to-day and project support to membership fundraising programs. The Membership Systems Specialist monitors and measures project progress, conducts corrective action as necessary, communicates project status information to all stakeholders, performs risk management, issue resolution and conflict management, and controls project scope and quality. The Membership Systems Specialist will work with membership program managers, membership reporting, other departments and external vendors as a dedicated function with clear responsibility for data quality and integrity as it relates to fundraising efforts. This position ensures coordination on projects that may span multiple TNC departments and TIS (Technology Information Systems) units, as well as vendors. They lead cross-organizational, cross-functional project teams using Membership and TIS methodologies and processes, and ensures all TIS and data governance standards are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manage data processes and systems to enable accurate and compliant solicitation, cultivation, stewardship and gift acknowledgement of current and prospective donors; analysis and reporting; donor interaction quality controls; data hygiene; privacy and security.
- Manage, document and communicate all data quality processes involved in fundraising and reporting systems to support the success of membership fundraising programs from launch, to maintenance, to continued enhancement.
- Ability to apply data quality best practices, and adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Expertise in applying project management methodologies to all phases of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects.
- Collaborate effectively with internal groups and vendors, supervise processes, and maintain integrity of organizational data technology standards.
- Ability to think strategically, creating breakthrough plans and programs, and re-engineering the status quo.
- Act independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Does not supervise any staff but may manage work of peers on departmental project teams.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and 5 years of progressive experience in an IT or fundraising environment, including project management experience, or equivalent combination.
- Experience using project management techniques and tools including office tools such as the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project or other project management software.
- Experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience with relational database management, spreadsheet software, and word-processing
- Experience working across departments and programs and with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with one or more program coding languages, e.g. SQL
- Effectively communicates via presentations, conversations, and documentation.
- Strong dedication to the development of customer-centric standards and solutions.
- Well versed in data quality best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills. Results driven.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45498, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 5, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Membership Systems Specialist
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45498
Full/Part Time: Full-Time