The Nature Conservancy Government Relations System Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Arlington, Virginia, USA AA100
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Government Relations Systems Specialist, as part of the External Affairs Department, is responsible for application and user support as well as enhancement of relationship management systems and associated business processes. Support for these systems and processes will help optimize The Nature Conservancy’s (TNC) government relations work and overall organization collaboration and efficiency. As a member of External Affairs team, the Specialist will work to encourage and foster successful adoption of TNC Relationship Management applications (primarily Blackbaud CRM) to improve communications, pipeline tracking, constituent reporting and generally support practices that advance TNC’s Shared Conservation Agenda.
The Government Relations Systems Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development, support, and enhancement of constituent management systems for Government Relations, mainly Blackbaud CRM, but which may also Aristotle360, to optimize TNC’s government relationship management and public grants tracking efforts. The Specialist will be responsible for critical functions that include oversight of data structures and quality assurance, making data updates in the system and running constituent reports, providing coaching and systems support for current and potential TNC government relations users globally, assisting with public grants tracking and pipeline reporting, trouble shooting issues and testing fixes, and identifying opportunities for improvement to the systems, training and business process documentation.
In the coaching role, s/he will be responsible for communicating with users to address questions, resolve issues, provide support for data entry and updates in the system, and encourage adoption. In the systems support role, s/he will use his/her systems expertise to identify product or usability needs and suggest improvements to the system, business processes, or training to resolve problems and enhance the user experience. S/he will assist development teams in defining requirements and testing solutions. S/he will assist with constituent reporting for relationship targets. S/he will assist with tracking and reporting for potential and pending grants. S/he will also help develop metrics to evaluate system usage and the value of system use to advance TNC’s strategic partnerships with elected officials, relevant agencies, conservation organizations, and industry to advance TNC’s conservation agenda.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responsible for Tier 1 Blackbaud CRM end user support. (Tier 1 means this person will be the first contact for questions.)
- Responsible for data quality assurance and maintenance of the system’s data structure.
- Provide quality customer service to all system users.
- Provide data entry support to users for updates to account information and on-going interactions.
- Provide assistance with constituent reporting.
- Provide assistance with setup and maintenance of pending grants information in the system and consolidated reporting.
- Develop or update business processes, training materials and end user system instructional guides and assist with communicating changes and providing training to system users.
- Provide input on best practices and enhancements to drive increased adoption and usage by government relations staff.
- Collaborate with internal TNC development teams to update the system to maximize functionality and ease of use.
- Provide incident response; perform initial system analysis as required to resolve a particular need or product shortcoming, define requirements for changes and test updates when ready.
- Provide data extract and upload support to maintain consistency between Blackbaud CRM and Aristotle 360 systems.
- Willing to do some travel and work flexible hours.
- Able to work independently, working with supervisor as needed.
- Able to make day to day decisions within the scope of work assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with client/customer service.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office programs
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45303, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 14, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Government Relations System Specialist
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45303
Full/Part Time: Full-Time