The Nature Conservancy Gift Planning Associate in Arlington, Virginia
Arlington, VA AA100
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Gift Planning Associate provides administrative and/or program support to Gift Planners by producing gift calculations, drafting donor correspondence, and properly recording planned gifts.
The Gift Planning Associate may be responsible for various activities, including drafting correspondence and acknowledgements, assisting in timely asset transfer, performing financial calculations, and processing and recording planned gifts (bequests, charitable gift annuities, deferred gift annuities, flexible deferred gift annuities, pooled income funds, charitable remainder trusts and gifts of real estate). They may provide program information to prospects and donors, assist with writing proposals, and donor research. The Associate uses the available fundraising management system to produce donor reports, perform analysis and research, and track prospects and donors. They apply established processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Associate may have substantial contact with staff, donors, legal and financial professionals. They will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. They will perform administrative functions as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Does not supervise any staff.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Financial responsibility may include working within a budget, purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking.
- Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience working with databases.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience are appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Ability to apply research skills.
- Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
- Database skills, including managing data and tracking prospects.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles & practices.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 45462, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on June 14, 2017.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Gift Planning Associate
Location: DC Metro Area
Job ID: 45462
Full/Part Time: Full-Time